If you’re looking for the spookiest Halloween breakfast idea that’s also super simple this is the one you need! These chocolate chip pancakes are so easy and quick to whip up and they taste great. Sure the bloody topping will be a little messy for smaller kids but hey – that’s part of the fun (for them at least!)
You can buy store bought edible blood/ blood red glaze but it’s REALLY easy to make with only 2 or 3 ingredients.
You might also like: Zombie Cookies
How To Make Blood Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp water or milk
- A few drops blood red food coloring
- Just combine everything in a bowl and whisk until combined
Ingredients For Spooky Bloody Pancakes Halloween Breakfast
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
- Blood Red Glaze
How Do You Make This Halloween Breakfast Recipe?
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and whisk.
- Combine eggs, milk, and vanilla in a separate bowl and whisk vigorously until smooth.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray heat to medium.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter at a time and cook for 2 minutes per side.
- Decorate with bloody glaze and sprinkles.
Bloody Pancakes For Halloween
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- 1 Whisk
- 1 skillet
- 2 Cups Flour (290 g | 10 oz)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (60g | 2 oz)
- 4 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp butter room temp
- 1+3/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Cup blood red glaze/edible glaze See “how to make blood glaze” section
- Spooky sprinkles
- Combine the dry ingredients and whisk (not chocolate chips or sprinkles)
- Combine the wet ingredients (not glaze) and whisk
- Slowly add the wet to dry and whisk until smooth
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Heat skillet to medium heat – I used cooking spray.
- pour 1/4 cup batter at a time- cook for 2 minutes per side
- top with glaze and sprinkles
Bloody pancakes are perfect to make for Halloween breakfast because they are quick and easy. They totally inspire the Spooky Spirit and taste amazing!