Halloween Double Chocolate Chip Spider Web or Mummy Cookies
This recipe for Halloween double chocolate chip spider cookies with marshmallow cob webs will delight everyone during the spooky season! The flavor is amazing and making the webs is easier than you think. You can also make mummies with this same recipe and steps.
Ingredients For Halloween Cookies
- Butter – room temperature
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate Chips – milk chocolate
- Marshmallows – minis
How Do You Make This Spooky Treat?
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking soda and whisk
- Beat butter, vanilla extract, and eggs (in a separate bowl) and beat until combined
- Carefully add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined
- Mix in the chocolate chips and 12 oz of the marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Make 20 cookie dough balls on a cookie sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Melt marshmallows in a mixing bowl and whisk with a fork
- Use your fingers to pinch the melted marshmallow and pull apart strings over the cookies
- Add sprinkles or eyeball candies if you want
It’s super easy to make marshmallow cob webs or mummies.
Step 1. Microwave the marshmallows for about 30 seconds.
Step 2. Use a fork to whisk them around in order to blend and deflate.
Step 3. Use your fingers to pinch a bit of fluff then slowly pull your finger apart.
Step 4. Wrap the marshmallow strings around the cookie or pastry you want to decorate.
Step 5. Use thinner strands for cob webs and thicker strands for mummies.
Halloween Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 Mixing Bowls
- 1 Whisk
- 2.5 Cups Flour
- 1.5 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa powder
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs
- 1.5 Cups chocolate chips
- 12 Oz mini marshmallows
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- Combine the dry ingredients (not chips or marshmallows) in a mixing bowl and whisk
- Combine wet ingredients in another mixing bowl and whisk
- Slowly combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk until smooth
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Chill for 1-3 hours
- preheat oven to 350
- Make 20 cookie dough balls and bake them for 15 minutes in batches – chill
- Melt marshmallows and whisk them with a fork
- Pinch some between your fingers and pull apart
- Spread the marshmallow strings across the cookies